CID, in collaboration with the San Mateo Public Library, screened the award-winning documentary, Darius Goes West on Saturday, July 19th at 2pm in the Oak Room of the library.
This film features fifteen-year-old Darius Weems and eleven of his best friends as they set off across America with the ultimate goal of getting Darius’ wheelchair customized on MTV’s Pimp My Ride.
The result is a rarely seen testament to the explosive idealism of today’s youth, as well as a vivid portrayal of adventure, of brotherhood, and of the character and strength it takes to shed light on an uncertain future.
This event was a success and we thank everyone who helped us to put in on.
Keeping you updated on all things CID and disability.
- ADA Consult & Training
- Assistive Technology
- Counseling & Peer Support
- Housing Accessability Modification
- Independent Living Skills
- Information & Referral
- Independent Living Planning & Support
- Mental Health
- Personal Assistance Program
- Transitioning to the Community
- Systems Change Advocacy
- Work Incentive Planning Assistance >
- Youth Services >
2001 Winward Way Suite 103
San Mateo, CA 94404