ILM highlights the concepts of the Independent Living Movement: equality, independence, freedom, self-determination, and choice for people with disabilities. The monthly long campaign highlights the various advocacy campaigns our community is engaged in, National Disability Voter Registration Month and the Americans with Disabilities Act 27th Anniversary.
For more information on the observance, click here to download the toolkit.
Social Media Toolkit:
The toolkit includes sample social media messages. Each week of #ILM2017 focuses on a different aspect of the Independent Living Movement:
- I Am Self-Determination. My Independence Means
Having Access to Healthcare. (July 1st to July 14th) Share your Medicaid Matters story:
- I Am Doing My Part: My Vote Matters.
National Disability Voter Registration Week (July 17th-21st) Check out AAPD's National Rev Up Campaign.
- I am the Americans with Disabilities Act. Celebrating 27th Anniversary of the ADA. (July 24th-31st) Use the hashtags: #ADALegacy and #ADA2017
How to Participate:
- Add the Independent Living Month 2017 filter your profile photo: https://twibbon.com/Support/independent-living-month
- Add the Independent Living Month banner to your organization's Facebook/Twitter cover or website. Images available online: Download the ToolkitShare resources and disability history all month long using #ILM2017 and #IAmSelfDetermination.
ILM is hosted in a partnership with the California Foundation for Independent Living Centers (CFILC), Disability Rights California (DRC), the State Independent Living Council (SILC) and the California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR).
Visit the Independent Living Month page…
Disability Organizing Network
1000 G Street, Suite 100
Sacramento, CA 95814
Hours of Operation:
8:00am to 5:00pm PST
877-427-0387 Voice | 800-900-0706 TDD